Wednesday, August 19, 2009

2009 Monterey County Fair

Well this year it was all about second place. People tell me I should be happy with second place. Well, I'm a sore loser...when I enter a competition, I enter to win baby! I entered a decorated cake in the fair theme (which was Reel in the Fun), shown here: I also entered a cake into the special event category which won Viewer's Choice in addition to second place, which I was very excited about. Unfortunately I didn't take a photo of that cake...but it was good! It was called Hummingbird Cake, which is like a banana/pineapple/pecan cake with cream cheese frosting.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Crissy,
You should be very proud of yourself. 2nd Place isn't a bad place to end up especially considering how stiff the competition was at the Fair this year! Great job!!

Auntie

Iced Cakes by Crissy said...

Yes I know it could be worse...but to me - second place is first loser! I want the "W"!