Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Karma's Kindergarten Graduation Cake


My baby girl graduated from Kindergarten and I was asked to supply the cake for the celebration. Paddington Bear is the Kindergarten class mascot so the teacher gave me free reign as long as he was incorporated in some way.


Paddington is made from rice crispies and covered in store bought fondant. Home made fondant is too soft, and it's difficult to get these bright, rich colors, so even though I can't stand the stuff, I used store bought to make his little outfit.


The cake is two separate 11 x 15 cakes, each cut in half and stacked on top of itself. That way, I could make one side of the cake chocolate, with chocolate mousse, and then the other side of the cake was vanilla with vanilla mousse. It's iced with vanilla buttercream and the suitcase details are fondant and chocolate clay.

No comments: